Monday, July 18, 2011

Baseball Games and Day Camps

We had such a fun week. We were able to attend at baseball tournament for a nephew. I don't remember the scores very well, but he barely lost his first game and won by a land slide in his second. Great games Cooper! During those games, Clara got to figure out how to eat sunflower seeds. And she got to wear a beautiful sun hat!Also this week, I took the girls in our ward who are ages 8 - 11 to a cub scout camp for a stake activity days. The girls had a blast. They made boats and raced them in rain gutters by blowing on the sails. They got to shoot BB guns and bows and arrows. They got to race in a boat and they made bracelets.Clara rarely lets me do her hair these days. I was able to bribe her into letting me do her hair yesterday by putting in these "sparkly flowers."
  • While we were waiting for the baseball game to start, Clara asked, "Is it time to shout for the game yet?"
  • Cooper's grandpa came to watch the baseball game and sat next to us. He was wearing a hat (I'm horrible with names of hats, so the best way I can think of to describe it is a manly sun hat. It had a brim, but was definitely not a cowboy hat.) He came over and patted Clara's head to say hello. Afterwards, Clara looked up at me with the happiest eyes and said, "The cowboy patted my head!"
  • Clara fell out of a toy wagon while we were playing outside. After asking her if she was ok, she said, "Yes because my brains are still in my head."
  • After saying a slew of nonsense words, Clara announced, "That's how you say it in Spanish."
  • A few weeks ago, we were playing outside and a little boy wasn't listening to his mom. Clara mentioned that he was a bad boy. I explained to her that he was a good boy, but was just making bad choices. I didn't think much of that until this week Clara got into trouble. After my short lecture was over, Clara looked at me with hopeful eyes and asked, "Am I still a good girl?"

No comments: