Friday, July 8, 2011

Montana

Right after the Stadium of Fire, we drove all night long to Montana. We made it to our destination at about 1:30 Sunday afternoon. We had so much fun visiting with family. I always bring home so many pictures of Montana. It's such a beautiful place.

Monday morning we went on a hike as an entire family. The kids loved it I loved the scenery! That night we had a firework show. We had some glow sticks that Clara loved using to pretend to be a bug.My brother lit all the fireworks.Clara decided to take all the credit for it (she kept taking a bow.)We ended the night with sparklers. Those are always our finale for our family.We also went to our local museum. It's a hodgepodge of old stuff from Libby's history. Clara loved running from one thing to the next. This was the first fire "truck." This is an old drum in their Kootenai Indian section. I had seen this huge frying pan all growing up. What I never knew was that it was originally owned by the church I attend! The rest are pretty self explanatory. There are many cool things to do at the house I grew up in. We had fires in our outdoor fire pit, played badminton, and just had fun playing on the 6 acres of forest.The last thing we did was visit my father's headstone.As much fun as it was to be home and get only 4 hours of sleep a night because there were at least 3 games of monpoly going each night, I'm so glad to be home!

1 comment:

Jerrile said...

Where is the pic of you guys at the creek? Is it Pipe Creek? Just wondering. I am so sorry that we didn't go to the museum and stuff but that is what I get for having to be back. You have had a busy couple of weeks. I have never even heard of the band you went and met. Were they a famous band and it is just out of my realm? I am a little nervous now about a job. Mike Duthrie told me that there are about 250 grads right from BYU that are looking for work right now. Hopefully the Lord will squeeze me in somewhere. Love you guys.