Monday, July 11, 2011

Relaxing Weekend

So after an extremely busy week, we had a wonderfully non-eventful weekend. But I still wanted to post about Clara's funny sayings.

Clara used to love getting her picture taken, now when I get the camera out, she runs from me. So I took this as I was holding her down, forcing her hands away from her eyes.....
  • As we were walking around the museum in Libby, I pointed to a mounted goat head and said, "Look Clara, it's a goat." "No, that's just a head."
  • As I'm typing this, Clara keeps marching around the room singing (as she is banging toy symbols together) "Scripture power is safe from sin!"
  • Clara smelled a wild daisy by touching it to her nose and said, "It smells soft."
  • Randomly said this week: "I'm trying to think, but it's not working."
  • I was telling Jeremy that I wasn't feeling well. Clara piped up and said, "Sorry Mama, I can't help you."
  • Clara has developed the 'talent' of telling stories. This is the one she told us at the dinner table the other night. "Once upon a time there was a girl named Clara who had a monster in her closet. She got really scared so she looked in her closet and the monster scratched her. Clara ran away screaming."
  • This next one isn't as funny, I just wanted to record it. I tell Clara stories about Christ as we sit through the Sacrament on Sunday. Yesterday I had Clara tell me one and she said, "Once He was a baby, but then He grew up and got on the cross. Then some angry guys hurt His hands."

No comments: