Monday, October 5, 2009

Discovery Gateway II

My great friend, Sushi, sent me a wonderful thing in the mail. It was a free pass for 4 to the Discovery Gateway. I was hoping to go as a family, but with Jeremy's busy schedule, it just wasn't going to happen. The pass expired in September, so last Monday my friend and her little guys came with us instead. Jared and Clara loved it. Clara's favorite parts were the balls that would fly up into the tubes and the water. But there were lots of other fun things to do as well. We had such a great time, and I'm so glad our friends could join us. I also did some more sewing this week. Clara has a large head. I usually have to buy a size bigger shirts so that the neck hole is big enough. However, when I tried that for PJ's recently, the size up was way too big. So I got creative. I had some warm PJ's that were the right size, but were extremely hard to get on over her head. So I decided to turn them into a v-neck. I made a few mistakes here and there, but I'm happy to report that you can't even tell in the end product. So now Clara has 2 pairs of warm PJ's for the winter that both fit and can go over her head!Clara has started doing the actions to "If You're Happy and You Know it." She learned it in Nursery at church. It makes me giggle to watch her, so I finally got it on video. I also love how she has to stomp on the kitchen floor since the carpet doesn't make any noise when you stomp on it.

3 comments:

Tori said...

That's a good idea with the jammies. Emmaline has a really big head too, so we might have to try that one out. :)

Jerrile said...

Cute birthday dress. I just love it. I am going to try the video again because the first time it told me it wasn't available. There are times Clara looks like you and other times she looks like the Becks. But I love the pictures she looks like her Mom. I love you guys so very much.

AmbertheGreat said...

thanks for the invite!!! we had a great time