Monday, October 12, 2009

In our Lives

As I was thinking about what I was going to post this week, I knew I had to do a post about how I know that God is in the very details of our lives. I have had a wonderful week where I have gotten to see the Lord's hand so very much in such small things.
For example, I have a shirt for Clara that I thought would be perfect to wear with some overalls. But since we have no money, no overalls would be bought - even from a thrift store. However, this week a friend in the ward gave me a bag of clothes for Clara. In it I found the exact pair of overalls I was drooling over.
I have also lost several things this week that Heavenly Father helped me to find in ways I would have never have found them on my own. Like having a contact go down the drain, but get stuck on the drain stop so that I could actually get my contact back! Since I wear hard contacts, I saved myself from the $70 dollars to replace the one contact, let alone the Dr. visit fee that I would have to pay since my prescription is 8 years old.
I also lost a hair clip of Clara's. Those things are really tiny. I figured it fell out when I put on her pull over sweat shirt. I realized it was missing in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. I figured it was gone for good. But I found it the next day in her car seat!
Our internet quit working this week. I knew it was a problem with our computer and not with our internet provider. But I followed a prompting to call our provider anyway. They weren't able it fix it for me, but they led me to an area in my computer that I could then fix it myself.
I recently used a birthday gift card to purchase a skirt pattern that was 40% off. Even 40% off, it was still kind of expensive for a pattern. Even though I need a new skirt, I couldn't seem to justify that expensive of a pattern. I LOVED the pattern and Jeremy tried to get me to keep it. But I figured if I could find a cheaper pattern, then I could get it and the material to make me a new skirt. So after having the pattern for a few days, I decided to go look for a cheaper pattern. I went to a different fabric store to look for patterns this time. When I walked in, I saw that the brand name of my pattern was only $3.99! (That price is about 85% off ) I looked for my loved pattern and found it! I then returned the pattern to the other store and got material there. After all was said and done, I was able to get all the supplies for my really cute skirt all for the same amount as the gift card!
I know that these are seemingly small things, but to me, they were important. I know that none of these things would have happened this week without faith and prayer on my part and miracles on the Lord's part. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who watches out for each of His children and is waiting to bless them. I know that He blesses us everyday, but most of us are too busy to notice that the small gifts we get are from Him. I encourage each of you to look for the tender mercies in your lives. The more you look, the more you'll find.

7 comments:

Suzi said...

Sarah, What a sweet reminder to look for the Lord's involvment in our lives. Thank you for sharing your testimony and a wonderful reminder of His love.

Carrrie said...

Thank you for this reminder. As we reach struggles it is difficult to remember that He is always guiding our lives.

Diana said...

Some people may look at these as wonderful coincidences but I 100% believe as you do, that Heavenly Father blesses us in even these "seemingly insignificant" ways. I loved each and every one of those stories, and I'll bet it was the spirit that prompted you to think of Heavenly Father after every find!

I had been thinking for a couple of months about getting a potty chair for Michael, and then-while doing visiting teaching, a sister in the ward asked me if I wanted her old one. It was like she had been reading my mind, but rather, I think the spirit prompted her, and it blessed us because we didn't have to spend money on one. Like you--I knew it was a tender mercy.

I am such a penny pincher myself--so I especially like that fabric story, cause I find myself in that exact position all the time!

Mama's Makin's said...

happy times. :) So glad for you! I love those tender mercies too! :) I am so glad that you got a bag of clothes! If our girls weren't practically the same size and we weren't so far! I would hook a sister up! :) Luvs

Jerrile said...

When your Dad was still with us, you know how we always struggled financially but at least I was home with our children. And we had so many of those very same things in our lives as well. We were always happy to have had our trials because we could always see how the Lord provided for us because we wanted me to be in the home. I have had so many blessings because your Dad felt so strongly that I be there. I will never be able to thank him or the Lord for being the first one to see my children walk or say their first word or the many things I was allowed to do because of this. So I know and can relate to so many of your little tender mercies. I love you Sarah you too as each of your siblings are some of my tender mercies. Now that you are all adults you teach me many times to remember the things I have learned.

Michelle said...

Awesome. Thanks for reminding me to notice those small blessings. I tend to get wrapped up in what's not right in my life--I need to focus more on what IS! :)

Laura Jensen said...

Wow. Those are some serious blessings. I'm glad you shared them because we forget a lot that little things like those are really important at times. -laura

ps - Clara is super-cute (especially with those little pigtails).