Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Funny Story

I didn't want to wait until Monday to post this moment because I know I'll forget it by then. Before I get to the funny part, let me give a slight background. Clara has started to color on walls, so my new rule is that if she wants to color, she has to color at the table. With this new rule comes the wonderful game of watching colored pencils fall to the floor. I'm not sure what her fascination is with it, but she'll drop the pencils one by one onto the floor and watch them intently. When they are all on the floor she'll say "Uh oh." So as I go to clean them up, I explain to her that she needs to be careful with her pencils. If she drops them on the floor, they break. (The tips break off and then she gets mad that her pencils aren't "working.")

So here's the funny story. Clara is in the kitchen today coloring as I'm in another room folding laundry. I hear the sound of pencils dropping and after a few have fallen I hear Clara say, "Careful Mom, careful." I had to start laughing. I guess she was very careful at how she watched them fall......

1 comment:

AmbertheGreat said...

that is funny, kids do the funniest things - I love the skirt, it looks great, you are so talented!