Monday, October 19, 2009

New Skirt

I spent quite a bit of time on this skirt. The pattern labeled it as easy, but I would have to disagree. It took way longer than I expected it to. But I was VERY pleased with how it turned out. Part of what took so long is that I decided to lengthen the skirt from the pattern. It told me exactly where to shorten/lengthen so I figured it would be a breeze. It really wasn't too bad, but it definitely took me a lot longer to measure and place the pattern pieces than I thought it would. Oh well. I wore it for the first time to church yesterday. I love the way it fits, looks, and even feels. The pattern had me cut some pieces against the grain so that the skirt has an off-centered look, which is why I liked the pattern so much to begin with. I still can't believe I was able to make an entire skirt for the amount on a gift card. What a great birthday present.

Here are the pictures:

Front:Back:me wearing it so you can see the length:

4 comments:

Tricia said...

Impressive Sarah- I would love to know how to sew like that. You are way talented!!!

Chapples said...

It looks great! Skirts can be difficult, esp. when you have to adjust the pattern! Good job!

Jerrile said...

Maybe you have some of your Mom in you after all. At least this is a good quality to pick up. :-) I am really proud of you. I didn't think you would ever get into sewing at all. But it looks like you have a good eye for this as well as a talent. Love you

Sharon Beck said...

Aren't you clever! You've inspired me to make a skirt for myself. I like the color you chose.